Friday, July 20, 2012

Things Other People Love!

Who wants to read a blog post that consists entirely of me complaining about things other people love? 

The house we bought last spring is older, but the folks who lived here before us updated the kitchen.  Who doesn't love granite counter tops and ceramic tile floors?  ME!!  First off, we keep breaking dishes.  I've broken more bowls from my hand-me-down corelle ware in the year and a half of living here that during the 15 years I used them in my mom's kitchen.  Every time a dish drops, it shatters into a million pieces.  And I've got The Munchkin living with me, so you can bet dishes go dropping. 

Second, ceramic tile is no fun to stand on.  And I both like cooking and like feeding my small people home cooked food, so I do me some standing in the kitchen. 

Third, and this is what's really on my mind tonight, my granite is black with brownish streaks in it.  That in itself isn't too bad, but our cute little village is infested with ants.  And wouldn't you know?  Occasionally (multiple times every day) during the spring and summer, there are ants in my kitchen.  Do you know how disturbing it is when you're, for example, pouring yourself a glass of wine after spending 2 hours trying to get your teething baby to actually go to sleep all the way, and what you thought was just another piece of the counter top RUNS AWAY??    Bah! 

Also, speaking of lovely things, we've got this charming antique clock.  It belonged to The Hubby's father, and I am generally a fan of things with family history.  So I put it up in my dining room, where it looked darling sitting next to the one plant I haven't killed yet.  I enjoyed it for a few months that way, but then The Hubby, whom I love, got the stupid thing working.  Every time it chimes, I freak out!  As in, "Who the $#)(%$^*#$ is ringing the doorbell!?!?  They're going to WAKE UP THE BABY!!!"  Every time.  And it chimes every thirty minutes.  Like clockwork!  This has been going on for a week.  I'm about to loose my cotton picking mind!

Ok, I'm done.  You tell me something everyone else loves that YOU hate.  Go on.  I won't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment