Monday, September 19, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Shall my blog be a project that forces me to stay on track with my homemaking?  If I promise to post my meal plans every Monday, I will have to make meal plans every Monday.  No being lazy!  There are already about a million people who do this, so there's definitely no need for me to post my meal plans.  But maybe my huge list of followers is interested?  (Here's looking at both of you lovely ladies!)  You tell me.  More projects?  Or should I stick with what I'm doing and leave you alone?

Monday: Pasta with Tomato-Cheese sauce.  I used this recipe, except I sauteed an onion, three grated carrots, and 1/2 a grated beet before adding the garlic.  And I used a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes instead of the diced.  Also I used provolone instead of blue cheese.  And dandelion greens instead of spinach, because I had one in my yard and none of the other.  Basically I didn't use that recipe at all.  Except for the basic concept that it was pasta sauce with tomatoes and cheese with a green thing added.  Tasty!

Tuesday:  Cheese strata with spicy Italian sausage.  Youth group night, and we had 2 loaves of white bread given to us.  We don't eat white bread.  Let's feed it to the teenagers!

Wednesday: Tabouleh, meatballs, and pita bread.

Thursday:  Vegetarian vegetable soup.  Grilled cheese sandwiches.

Friday: Pasta with mushroom cream sauce.  Some kind of salad.  Homemade buns.

Saturday: Coleslaw for a potluck BBQ.  My brilliant recipe: finely chop a cabbage and an onion.  Combine equal parts mayonnaise and juice from a jar of dill pickles.  Pour dressing over cabbage and onion.  Stir to combine.  Five Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment