Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Monday- Ham and peapod stirfry with cilantro rice

Tuesday- Youth Group Night.  Bean soup with the ham bone in it.  Bread.  I'd do a salad, but there's only one student who would eat it, so I'm just putting out a bowl of oranges and pears instead.

Wednesday- Deconstructed cabbage rolls.  (I like the ingredients in cabbage rolls, but the actually rolling is too much fiddle for my current lifestyle.  Deconstruct your favorite cabbage roll recipe by chopping the cabbage and layering everything in a casserole dish instead of using whole leaves and filling them.)

Thursday- Thanksgiving!  I'm making buns and a salad.

Friday- If we don't bring home many leftovers, I'll make roll ups with whole wheat tortillas, finely sliced cabbage, cilantro, cream cheese, leftover turkey, and Thai Peanut Sauce.  If we do bring home a lot of leftovers, we'll just eat them as-is and I'll make another batch of bread so there's one fresh thing on the table.

Saturday- Homemade mac and cheese with sauteed mushrooms.  Sweet potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you make the Thai peanut sauce or buy it? Recommend a recipe or a brand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use an adaptation the Quick Peanut Sauce from Deborah Madison's "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone." I highly recommend the whole book as a reference tool as well as for the actual recipes. Stir together 3 tbsp peanut butter (the kind made with peanuts and nothing else, if you please) 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 clove garlic minced, 2 tsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp brown sugar. Add chopped cilantro and siracha as you like them. Thin with warm water and salt to taste. That'll probably serve 2 or 3, but it's so good and it keeps well, so I recommend a big batch. Eat it over stir fry or cabbage or dip carrots in it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete