Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Boo!  Deleted post.

So I made a meal plan last week, but I did it on a slip of paper.  And then I lost the slip of paper.  So the only thing that totally got made off of the meal plan was a kick butt veggie lasagna, with good wine and dessert even, for a Friday Valentine's Day meal with my beautiful family.  This is why I need to blog about my meal plans: it's so much harder to lose a blog. 

Monday- We were supposed to have company, but then that got canceled after dinner was already going.  Salad w/lemon garlic dressing, pea risotto, salmon burgers.  Delicious.

Tuesday- Crock pot black bean chili and bread.

Wednesday- Pork roast (in the crock pot if I get it washed before lunch time).  Sauteed onions and green peppers.  Homemade tortillas.  Guacamole, cheese, sour cream, salsa.  (This seems ambitious for how crabby the baby has been lately.  She's cut 2 teeth in the last week, and as a result has been miserable and sleepless.  If Wednesday is a meltdown of a day the way Monday was, we may just have waffles and sliced bananas for dinner instead.)

Thursday- Beet soup.  Bread.  Or maybe I'll do bread tomorrow instead.  My son has been asking for beet soup for a week.  Who am I to say no?

Friday- Rescheduled company for dinner.  Mustard chicken, roasted garlic potatoes, acorn squash.  Thy might bring salad.  If they don't, I'll probably microwave some peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment