Sunday, February 14, 2016

#HolyLens Week 1

Ash Wednesday- February 10- Clean

Today I was struck by the way Christians mark our desire for clean hands and clean hearts by walking through the world with dirty faces.

Also, V cleaned the living room because she wanted to have a dance party.  She enlisted L's help: "We're cleaning up so fast!  It's almost like we're dancing already!  I'll sing you the cleaning up song!"  Gosh those kids are adorable.

Thursday- February 11- Choose

The Divine Hours' morning reading for today: Matthew 5:38-41 Jesus taught them saying, "You have heard it said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' But I say this to you: offer no resistance to the wicked.  On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the left as well; if someone wishes to go to law with you to get your tunic, let him have your cloak as well."

Choose to meet violence with gentleness.  Choose to meet evil with love.  Choose to give generously to those who try to rob you.  I have difficulty choosing not to yell at the people I care about the very most, and here Jesus calls me to choose abundant goodness when faced with people I actively dislike.  And why am I called to this?  So that none who seek the Lord will be disgraced because of my behavior (Psalm 69:7).

Friday- February 12- Fast









Riding trikes and playing balls in the church basement.  "Look Mom! I'm going so fast!"  (I'm well aware that isn't what the prompt meant, but that's what I'm posting anyway.)

Saturday- February 13- Teach
I took my three kiddos grocery shopping.  I actually really enjoy teaching them to shop well and wisely for their food.  I got a compliment on it a week ago, too.  Some random stranger said I was doing a great job by coaching to Z on how to pick out the bell peppers and then stepping back to let him do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment