Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meal Plan Monday (on Wednesday)

Monday - "Fresh" Pea soup with buttermilk and tarragon.  (By "fresh" I mean frozen, but what the heck.)  Bread.

Tuesday- Youth group night.  White Chicken Chili with garlic bread

Wednesday- Pork Tacos (with leftover ropas viejas from the freezer, lettuce, cilantro, salsa, cheese, and green tomatoes)

Thursday- Chicken "alfredo" and salad.  (I use a recipe from this book that is lower fat because it substitutes neufchatel cheese for the cream.  Also it's really tasty.  I highly endorse the linked cook book.)

Friday- Curry of some description with rice and pita bread.

2 comments:

  1. I have a neufchatel cheese "alfredo" that I'm fond of also. Can you give more details on the pea soup? It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dice and saute an onion. When it's nice and soft add some garlic. Brown that for a minute.
    Add 2 bags of defrosted frozen peas (or the equivalent of fresh).
    When they are hot, add 2 or more cups of buttermilk or sour milk and a few tsp of tarragon or another green herb that sounds yummy. I just sort of dumped some of each in, honestly. You can fake sour milk with one tbsp vinegar per cup of milk.
    Add salt and pepper to taste. Probably a good couple of tsp of salt.
    Heat through but don't boil.
    Puree in batches. You could strain the soup for a finer texture, but I didn't bother. Everyone else in the family loved it. I thought it was ok.

    ReplyDelete