Monday, October 24, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

Monday-Burgers and coleslaw (probably the year's last outside grilling).

Tuesday- Youth Group night.  Red beans and rice.  Salad.

Wednesday- Macaroni and cheese with cauliflower.  (This is one of those "hide the veggies" recipes that are all the rage now.  I object to the principle- I think kids need to learn to eat veggies.  "Hidden" nutrition only impacts one meal, but good eating habits last a lifetime.  I love this blog on the topic.  HOWEVER, I like cauliflower, the munchkin likes cauliflower, and the recipe sounds yummy, so I'm gonna make it.)  Bread.  Peas, because you have to have one obvious vegetable on your plate.  :-)

Thursday- Mustard chicken, buttered carrots, bread

Friday- Garlic and parmesan soba noodles from this recipe.  Some kinda veggie, but I'm not sure what yet.

Another crazy weekend planned.  We're hosting a reunion of sort for hubby's friends from youth group during high school and attending at least two big parties.  If I cook at all, it will likely be grilled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment