Monday, April 23, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Monday- Veggie Lasagna and bread.

Tuesday- Youth group night.  Spicy chicken and rice casserole.  Have I already given you this recipe?  Already cooked chicken, sauteed onions, carrots, celery, brown rice, a can of pickled jalapenos including the "juice," and enough boiling water to make the correct amount when combined with the jalapeno "juice."  Put it all in a casserole dish big enough to hold it.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or an hour, until the rice is done.  Top with cheese.  Pop back in the oven until melty and bubbly.  I try not to cook with prepared foods, and in fact believe that when prepared foods are involved, it's not really cooking.  But this is so tasty!  If you wanted to use your own homemade pickled jalapenos, that would solve everything.  I'll get right on that for the next time...

Wednesday- Pasta with kalamata olives.  This recipe looks good, if I can scrounge up half a lemon before Wednesday. 

Thursday- Cauliflower and chick pea curry, coconut rice.  After reading this story.  I love you, NPR (Radio for smart people!(TM)  Honestly, who came up with the idea of a weekly comedy quiz show about the news?  Honestly!)

Friday- Baked Potato Nachos.  I wanted to say pizza, but sadly, my pizza stone broke.  It lasted for 8 years, but still!  I want to make pizza, and it just isn't the same without the crispness a properly heated pizza stone imparts.  Woe is me!  At least until I find forty bucks and a pampered chef salesperson.  (Is there a "First World Problems" hash tag?  There should be.  (I clearly do not understand twitting...))

I feel like there are too many parenthases in this post.  I'll remove some.
Still too many.   I removed 4 sets, though.  Umm...  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment