Monday, April 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Today I melted the plastic handle of a pot while cooking with two burners on my stove.  Nothing like the smell of acrid evil to brighten up dinner prep!

Monday- Eggplant with Indian spices.  Over macaroni.  Because I started too late to make brown rice, and I was out of white rice.  Don't judge me!

Tuesday- Youth group night.  Baked potato bar.  Carrots.  Something dessert-related, maybe?  Cookies?  Jelly beans?

Wednesday- Black Bean Cassoulet.  (This recipe is from a 1970's potluck cookbook.  It's kind of hilarious..... "Originally from France, where it's made with white beans and duck, cassoulet travels to the American Southwest! Now it boasts black beans, pork, and bold seasonings!"  So, basically, this has nothing to do with cassoulet?  Except it's a casserole?  And they've both got beans.  Ok, deal.)

Thursday- Hamburgers on the grill.  Salad.  So cliche, but it's time for grilling, my friends.

Friday- Egg and chorizo tortillas.  Mmmmmmmm...  Green bean salad (marinated with white wine vinegar, some herbs, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper).  Just a quick rant: I refuse to write EVOO, even though it's faster than writing out "olive oil."  "EVOO" is a catch phrase, and I will not be sucked into it. Darn you Rachel Ray and your trendy thing that everyone does!

Hey!  This is what we're doing right now.  Instead of dates.  Or eating out.  Or anything!  We're paying a baby sitter slave wages every week to watch our kids while we talk about money.

No comments:

Post a Comment