Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Meal Plan Monday and Not St. Louis

I'm on vacation this week, sort of.  I got an invitation to go to St. Louis for a couple of days with a friend of mine.  It would have been the two of us ladies and four children between us.  I wasn't sure if it was a good idea: her youngest is 2 years older than The Munchkin, and they are both high energy boys.  I was worried that my kids would be tired and cranky before the end of day 1, that they wouldn't sleep at night because of said crankyness, and I would end up sitting in the hotel with them for most of day 2.  But a zoo!  And a museum!  And hanging out with a girlfriend!  It sounded like such fun! 

And then I remembered that I had volunteered to lead Bible study one night in the middle of the trip.  And then my friend's mother said she really wanted to go.  So the decision was made: I stayed home.

But after that conversation, I really wanted to do something fun.  So on Monday I planned a trip to the city.  And today we executed it!  I drove down to the near north-side, just me and the littles with a doublewide stroller and a couple bags of necessities.  We visited a farmer's market (including impromptu lesson on fiddle anatomy),  the Museum of Contemporary Art, a playground, and Millennium Park.

The Munchkin enjoyed the interactive art exhibits- which made me wish more of them were interactive- the Crown Fountain, and the big foam blocks at the Family Fun Fest.  The Baby enjoyed the Crown Fountain and the pigeons.  I was exhausted by the end of the day, and The Baby had a hard time going to bed after such excitement.  But I'm SO glad we did it.  And I hope my friend is having fun in St. Louis with her mom.

Monday- Eggplant parmigiana, spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce, salad.

Tuesday- Hot dogs.  And nothing else.  I know, right? 

Wednesday- Soba noodles, steamed carrots, and raw cucumbers with peanut sauce.

Thursday- Broccoli and potatoes with bacon.

Friday- Green and red bell pepper stir fry.  Over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment