Sunday, March 6, 2016

#HolyLens Week 4

Sunday- February 28- Fruit
Grocery shopping today I bought Anjou pears, mandarin oranges, mangos, Braeburn apples, parsley, cilantro, celery, carrots, peppers, cauliflower, avocados, butternut squash, cucumbers, zucchini, ginger, lemons, and mushrooms in quantities to feed my 5 person family more than generously.  What a bounty!  All for less than $35.  I am so blessed.

Tuesday- March 1- Remember
Today is Boy's 2nd birthday.  My family is remembering him today.  V has been coloring pictures for Boy and Girl since Sunday, and talking about her good memories of their time living in our home.

Wednesday- March 2- Father
I'm not sure why I so seldom photograph my parents.  Typically, they come down from Wisconsin about twice a month and stay overnight.  They bring dinner for all of us and leave before the kids take their naps the next day.

During today's visit, Grandma gave us a quilt show featuring her handcrafted quilts.  You can see my father reading to V on the couch behind her as she unloads her boxes of beautiful creations.  It is such a pleasure to have my parents so deeply involved in my children's lives.



Thursday- March 3- Hear
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Friday- March 4- Love
There are so many ways to demonstrate love to the hurting children involved in the foster care system, to their parents, and to their foster families.  If you've got a heart to help, you don't have to be a foster parent yourself.  Here's a list of 101 practical ways you can show love Christ's love to people involved in foster care.


No comments:

Post a Comment