Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week Plan Wednesday (or, you know, whenever)

I realized this morning that I completely neglected to do a meal plan yesterday.  And as I missed last week, I knew I had to do one this week or risk a concerned message from one of my loyal readers.  My excuse for last week is that I was at the American Music Therapy Association's National conference.  It was a fantastic weekend of reconnecting with friends in the field, networking, learning, and secretly taking a mini vacation from my charming family.  It was a lot of fun and gave me some great ideas to percolate in my head.

The Baby was awfully confused by my repeated and prolonged absences, resulting in her taking forever to fall asleep every night since the end of the conference.  However, after she finally dozes off, she's putting in a 3-4 hour stretch.  So I guess that's worth it?

Onward!

Wednesday- Baked potatoes topped with homemade chili and cheese.  Cauliflower, raw at the request of The Munchkin and The SIL.

Thursday- Greek Islands Risotto.  Because The Hubby has a cold, I went with strong flavors: onion, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, smoked paprika, lemon, olives, and feta.  Good, although I used two lemons, and I'd go for just one next time.

Friday- Cream of Broccoli soup.  Bread.

Saturday- Eggplant Parmesan, Pasta with red sauce.

Sunday- Roasted beets, roasted potatoes, fried eggs.

Monday- green beans, veggie fried rice, cilantro and green onion salad.

Tuesday- Youth group night!  Cauliflower gratin (which the students most likely will not eat).  Bread (which they will).  Peas (because The Munchkin loves them so).  Wine (but only after the students leave).

No comments:

Post a Comment