Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions 2012

I prefer to think of them as New Year's goals.  And I prefer that they be SMART.  Yay acronym!  SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time delineated.  OK, so attainable and realistic are pretty much the same thing, but SMAT isn't nearly as catchy, and SMRT reminds me too much of the Simpsons. 

Because it's rewarding for me to be able to say "Yes, I completed this goal" and check it off of my list, I do better at actually completing my resolutions when they are SMART.   So without further ado, here they are:

1. HOME- Create a house cleaning plan and follow it at least 25 days a month so everything gets cleaned on a semi-regular basis.

2. HUSBAND- Go on at least two blogable "dates" per month February through November.

3. CHILDREN- Take my kids to a museum, conservatory, or zoo at least 6 times.

4. EXTENDED FAMILY- Make all of the non-food 2012 Christmas gifts before November 30th.

5. CAREER- Find contact hours or private practice clients to fill at least 8 hours a month by July 1st.

6. EDUCATION- Finish my last class and thesis to graduate from my masters program.

7. PHYSICAL- Learn a 15 minute workout routine I can do while wearing the baby in a wrap by the end of January.  Do it at least once a day, 5 days a week thereafter.

8. SPIRITUAL- Read the Divine Hours prayers with my children in the morning 5 days a week more weeks than not.

9. SOCIAL- Host at least 4 parties with over 12 guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment