Monday, June 4, 2012

Not Recanting

A girlfriend called me up today and in the course of our conversation, she called me out on my last post.  She asked if I really am advocating talking about all the moms we disagree with behind their backs.  And the short answer is, no, not exactly.  I'm not really taking a pro-gossip stance here.  Remember, in a perfect world we'd all peacefully and graciously agree to disagree and refrain from even thinking anything mean about other moms' parenting decisions.  However, realistically, never ever commenting on parenting you disagree with pretty much takes a graduate degree in if-you-can't-say-anything-nice-don't-say-anything-at-all.  So, that being said, I accept that moms will disagree with each other less than amicably on some points.  Fair enough.  But how about, instead of yelling at each other about those points, or making nasty comments under our breath when we know the other mom is in earshot, we just don't say anything at all, at least until we get home from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment